NeFCA is run by a Board, which currently consists of:
- Margot van der Goot (University of Amsterdam), president
- Alexander Schouten (Tilburg University), vice-president
- Karolien Poels (University of Antwerp), treasurer
- Jonathan Hendrickx (University of Vienna, VUB, University of Antwerp), treasurer
- Hanneke Hendriks (Radboud University), secretary
- Emma Beuckels (Ghent University), secretary
Former Board members: dr. Stephanie Welten; prof. dr. Jeroen Jansz (former president); dr. Marieke Fransen; prof. dr. Karin Raeymaeckers; prof. dr. Hilde Van den Bulck.
Rules governing the election of Board members:
• Board positions are open to all members, irrespective of employment status or academic degree.
• Board members are elected by the Association members.
• Board members are elected for 4 years, with the possibility to extend to a maximum of 8 years.
Within the Management we distinguish the following roles:
|President||• Represents the Association.
• Participates in boards of other associations on behalf of the Association.
• Makes introductions at conferences and other official meetings.
• Chairs all (Executive) Board meetings and the General Assembly.
|Vice-President||• Assists and replaces the President when needed.|
|Secretary||• Deals with all incoming and outgoing mail/requests.
• Prepares meetings (agenda, minutes, and meeting documents).
• Makes sure all general info about the Association can be found on the website and in the newsletter.
• Is the initial contact person for all new contacts.
|Treasurer||• Keeps the membership records up to date.
• Makes all payments.
• Keeps the account book up to date, including membership and sponsor payments.
• Produces the annual figures for the annual report (members & finances).
|Steering Committees of the Divisions|
|Steering Committees of the Young Scholars Network and Educational Network|
In addition to the Board, there are several Standing Committees:
|Etmaal committee||• Organizes the annual Etmaal conference
• Consists of:
– Local chair
– Local members
|Awards committee||• For the annual NeFCA Awards, independent award committees are formed.
• One Board member is the formal link between the independent award committees and the Board.
|Ad hoc committees|
Practical information for Steering Committees:
- Steering committee members who wish to organize a NeFCA event and wish to request budget are invited to fill in the following form.
You will be contacted by email on the status of your application as soon as possible after you have submitted the form. In case of questions about this form, please contact our treasurer Jonathan Hendrickx by email.
- After the event took place, please send a report of the event and pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reports and pictures of all NeFCA events are published on NeFCA’s website.
Members interested to take up a position in the NeFCA management, are warmly invited to send an e-mail expressing interest to email@example.com
NeFCA was founded in 2011 by prof.dr. Susanne Janssen (Erasmus University Rotterdam), dr. Maaike Prangsma (University of Amsterdam), prof.dr. Karin Raeymaeckers (Ghent University), prof.dr. Hilde Van den Bulck (University of Antwerp) and prof.dr. Claes de Vreese (University of Amsterdam).