What type of cookies does this website use?
These cookies are indispensable to visit the website and to use certain parts. These cookies allow you, for example, to navigate between the various parts of the website or to fill in forms. If you refuse these cookies, certain parts of the website will not work or will not work optimally.
Tracking cookies for Google Analytics
A cookie from the American company Google is placed via our website as part of the “Analytics” service. We use this service to keep track of and get reports on how visitors use the website. The information that Google collects is made anonymous as much as possible. The information is transferred to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google adheres to the Privacy Shield principles and is affiliated with the Privacy Shield program of the US Department of Commerce. This means that there is an appropriate level of protection for the processing of any personal data.
Update from the cookie statement
Do you have questions about your privacy? Read our full privacy statement or contact us via email@example.com.
NeFCA vzw cares about the protection of your personal data (and respects your privacy). Below we provide an overview of what information we keep and what we do with it. If you have questions about this, or if you want to be deleted from our database, be sure to send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will help you as soon as possible.
We process your personal data, always with due respect for the GDPR (Regulation EU 2016/679) and all other relevant legal provisions.
This implies that we:
- Process your personal data in accordance with the purpose for which it was provided, these purposes and type of personal data are described in this privacy statement;
- Limit us to only those data that are necessary for the purposes for which they are processed;
- Ask for your explicit permission if we need it for the processing of your personal data;
- Have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of your personal data;
- Do not pass on personal data to commercial parties, unless this is necessary for the purposes for which they were provided;
- Being aware of your rights regarding your personal data, wanting to point this out to you and respecting it.
As NeFCA vzw we are responsible for the processing and handling of your personal data. If you have any questions about our privacy statement do not hesitate to contact us:
Prinsstraat 13 – 2000 Antwerp, Belgium
Tel: +32 032655587
Whom is this privacy statement addressed to?
This privacy statement applies to all our current and former members, participants in activities, people who express interest in our activities, and services.
For which purposes do we process personal data?
We will only process personal data for the following specific purposes:
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that:
- The use is necessary in order to fulfil our commitments to you under our Terms of Service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account–for example, in order to enable access to our website on your device or charge you for a paid plan; or
- We have a legitimate interest in using your information–for example, to provide and update our Services, to improve our Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard our Services, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, and to personalize your experience; or
- You have given us your consent–for example before we place certain cookies on your device and access and analyse them later on.
- Member administration and services to members. We only keep the information we need to manage memberships;
- Our member-newsletters.
For members and non-members:
- Website: We keep functional cookies on our website. They are intended to improve the content and ease of use of the website. When you visit the Website, you agree to the data collection for statistical purposes as described above.
Insofar as the processing of personal data is based on consent, you always have the right to withdraw the consent given.
For the above purposes we can request and / or process the following personal data:
- Personal identification data (name, first name);
- Contact details (e-mail address);
- Financial identification data (of the employer) (including account number, payments, etc.)
- Electronic identification data (IP address, location, cookies);
- Personal characteristics: gender / age … (free to fill in when registering as a new NeFCA member – not required);
- Professional affiliation and educational degree;
- Photos from events.
We only collect personal data that you provide to us in various ways (including registration forms, forms for filling in and contacting us on our website, personal / e-mail, etc.). We do not collect personal data via third parties.
We only use the data for those matters for which you have given permission.
You can always choose whether to share your personal data with us. That way you maintain a certain amount of control. If certain personal details are incomplete or apparently incorrect, we have the right to suspend certain expected actions temporarily or permanently.
The information provided must, if applicable, be provided to become a member. With the exception of:
Photos from events (used for public relations purposes).
The consequence of not providing the data is that we will not publish photos in which you are visibly identifiable, and not receiving unsolicited emails.
Providing personal data to third parties
We may provide the information that you provide to us to third parties if this is necessary for the purposes described above.
For example, we use a third party for:
- Taking care of the internet environment (web hosting, mail hosting…);
- Providing IT infrastructure (including IT network, servers, etc.);
- Taking care of the (financial) administration (accountant).
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Legal Requests: we may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so, such as the social media services that you connect to our site.
We never pass on personal data to external service providers with whom we do not have a processing agreement.
How long do we store data?
We will remove your personal data from our database as soon as we no longer need them to achieve these goals or when you validly exercise the right to delete your personal data.
What are your rights with regard to your data?
- You have the right to inspect and get a copy of the personal data that relates to you.
- You are entitled to correct or add data if your data is incorrect or incomplete.
- You have the right to change data (deletion) from the set of personal data that we have received from you, and which are no longer strictly necessary for the purposes for which they were processed. We reserve the right to determine whether your request is justified.
- You have the right to limit data processing: if you object to the processing of certain data, you can request to stop this processing.
- You can also object to the way certain personal data about you is processed. This way you have the right to object to the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes (via unsubscribe options in e-mails, newsletter)
- You also have the right to have the data provided by us transferred to you or directly to another party on your behalf.
- Via the e-mail address and postal address included in this privacy statement you can contact us to exercise your rights, accompanied by a motivation of your question. May we ask you to identify yourself before we can respond to the aforementioned requests.
If you have a complaint about the processing and handling of your personal data or about exercising your rights, you can contact us directly via email@example.com.
In case you do not agree with the way we handle your personal data, you have the right to submit a complaint to the data protection authority:
+32 (0)2 274 48 00
+32 (0)2 274 48 35
Changes to our privacy statement
If necessary, we adjust our Privacy Statement. We will always keep you informed of important changes through our website and newsletter.
Last update: 24 January 2020.