Are you driven when it comes to conducting research and practicing teaching? Do you specialise in the field of Persuasive Communication? We are seeking an assistant professor for this specialisation.
Within the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences (FMG), the discipline of Communication Science offers a range of Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programmes in the field of Communication Science. The teaching and research in our Communication Science programmes is interdisciplinary and internationally oriented, offering tracks taught in both English and Dutch. If you find this appealing, this may be the position for you. The Amsterdam School of Communication Research (ASCoR) is the research institute for the Communication Science department, and formulated an ambitious agenda on the digital society. The Department is the home of the Communication and Digital Society Initiative and it participates in several of the University and Faculty Research Priority Areas.
We are looking for an Assistant Professor (temporary or tenure track) to strengthen our Program Group Persuasive Communication, with a research profile that fits the Persuasive Communication research program, focusing on marketing communication / health communication / consumer empowerment in a digital society. Teaching duties will be focused on marketing communication, consumer empowerment, or health communication related courses in the Master Programme and Bachelor and Master thesis supervision.
What are you going to do
- Teach and coordinate modules in the curricula of Communication Science at the bachelor and master level focusing on persuasive communication, depending on educational demand. Supervise and evaluate theses.
- Initiate and conduct research on persuasive communication, in the areas of marketing communication, and/or health communication, and/or consumer empowerment.
- Participate in committees, groups and projects in the program group Persuasive Communication.
- Contribute to and lead applications for external funding.
- Take part in outreach and impact activities.
The deadline for application is November 14. See here for more information & how to apply.