The Department of Communication and Cognition in the Tilburg School of Humanities and Digital Sciences is looking for two enthusiastic new colleagues as Assistant Professors in Cognition and Communication.
The successful candidates contribute to one of the leading programs in the Netherlands in Communication and Information Sciences (CIS), consisting of three tracks: Business Communication and Digital Media (BDM), Communication and Cognition (CC), and New Media Design (NMD). Annually, the CIS program attracts approximately 130 new bachelor students, 350 new premaster students, and 300 new master students. The candidates may contribute to all of the tracks in CIS, and will also supervise bachelor and master theses on various topics.
The successful candidates are expected to initiate and conduct research in the Tilburg Center for Cognition and Communication (TiCC). Researchers in TiCC explore cognitive and social aspects of human communication through a multidisciplinary approach, combining careful experimentation with survey methods, corpus analyses and computational modelling. Core research domains include (in alphabetical order) communication and technology, cross-cultural communication, information visualization, language production, new media design, social media research, strategic communication and non-verbal communication. Candidates are expected to develop new lines of research fitting within TiCC.
The successful candidate has:
- a PhD in a relevant discipline;
- published in international journals or proceedings,
- excellent methodological skills, with good computational skills an advantage,
- the intention and ability to write research grants,
- acquired (or is willing to acquire) the University Teaching Qualification, and
- the ability to communicate in English fluently and is able (or willing to learn) to communicate in Dutch.